Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bye Bye Bubble

I’ve been toying around with the idea of making the commitment to myself (and hopefully future readers) to start and run a blog. I’m a 20 something girl born and raised in California who’s recently moved to the East Coast. I just graduated college and while it’s only been a couple months, I’m already missing the many opportunities I would have to write and to be creative at school. And while I've been known to not finish things I’ve started, I’m hoping that is something I can really get into.

I’ve noticed there are so many blogs (especially on Pinterest) dedicated to the family life. And while kids are wonderful, I’ve got quite a few years to go until I have to start learning how to puree my own baby food. I’m just a girl trying to figure out where I stand in the real world after leaving the beautiful bubble that is college. College was the best time of my life...so far! However, those of you that have been to college--especially those that lived on campus--can surely agree it's like living in an awesome bubble filled with friends, late nights, and some studying. Often, you forget there's a real world out there waiting for you to graduate. So here I am, adjusting to life outside of the bubble and figuring out how things work as I go along. I have a feeling there are many other women in my position floating around out there and I hope that we can find each other and compare notes.


After I graduated college, I moved in with my longtime boyfriend in Massachusetts. We both love road trips and travelling in general and we absolutely love to cook—and more importantly: eat. I pretty much hit the ground running out of college and was fortunate enough to have an apartment to move into, a boy to share it with, and a full-time job to keep me busy. I plan on sharing things on my blog that I’ve found useful, interesting, fun, or delicious. So with that, welcome to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment